Long distance moving takes planning, and a team that can seamlessly coordinate the various elements involved. Sharp Van Lines has moved thousands of homes between states and across the country – we draw on our extensive experience to create a plan that works with your needs, ensuring a move that’s on-time and on-budget.
Our customer service team will guide you through every step of the way, from a free in-home estimate, to assessing travel time, coordinating supplies and proper packing. We can also store your belongings to keep your items safe until you need them.
While our team is here to help, there are some long distance moving challenges that you should be prepared for:
1. Weather: Depending on when you’re moving, the weather can be a major factor in delaying your travel plans or even damaging your belongings. Check the weather forecast for the days leading up to the move and be prepared with any necessary supplies – a tarp, for example – that can protect your items from the elements.
2. Dealing with utilities: One of the more overlooked aspects of a long distance move is setting up your utilities. Make sure you research the area you’re moving to and contact the local service providers to set up electricity, water, and internet services.
3. Unforeseen delays: It’s impossible to predict every possible delay, so it’s best to plan for the unexpected. Have a contingency plan in place in case your move is delayed for any reason.
4. Finding a temporary place to stay: If you’re not staying in your new home right away, make sure you have a place to stay that’s close to your new residence and arrange for transportation to get you to and from your temporary residence.
5. Transportation and parking: If you’re shipping your car or other vehicles, make sure you plan for adequate parking at your new residence so that you can get it unloaded and ready for use.
Moving long-distance is a big job, and you will certainly need to hire professional movers to help you get your belongings from one state to another.
At Sharp Van Lines, we’re here to help – we have the experience and resources to make your long distance move an easy process. Contact us today to get started.
Call 800-964-6505 or chat to answer any questions you have or get a free estimate.